This website is designed to give you easy access to up-to-date league schedules, scores, standings, and other important information. Be sure to bookmark this website for quick and easy access to all our sports information or download the app!
As of May 13, 2021, Governor Walz announced the end of Minnesota's face covering requirement; masks are no longer required; unvaccinated people should still wear a face covering; all capacity limits and distancing requirements for outdoor events are eliminated.
Inclement Weather Information
Cancellations will be posted on the QuickScores online schedule and emailed to all users in the system by 4:00 pm of game day. If there has been no determination made before 4:00 pm it will be a game time decision made at the park/facility.
Coaches/managers will be informed about making up the games and they will inform their teams. Make sure to accept emails and texts from Quickscores so that you can receive cancellation texts. Schedules will be updated on Quickscores.com/cityofwinona as soon as possible.
Heat Guidelines for Youth Sports & Activities
Winona Parks & Recreation has implemented these guidelines to deal with extreme heat at all youth practices, games and events. This policy is designed to provide participants with a standard for safe play in situations of extreme heat.
The two values that the WPR will take into account when modifying or canceling activities are air temperature and relative humidity. The combination of these two elements reflects the heat index. We will rely on the heat index reading that is updated hourly by the National Weather Service at https://www.weather.gov/
Heat Index: Up to 89
- Play impact: No game change recommended.
- Precaution: Observe players for signs of heat reactions. Coaches should substitute more frequently and observe players on the sideline. Players should be encouraged to remove helmets and drink extra water
Heat Index 90°-99°
- Play impact: Reduce play by one minute per quarter or 10 minutes per game.
- Precaution: In this range, staff are encouraged to take extra steps to protect their players by making sure they remain hydrated and by encouraging frequent substitution during games and practices. Players should remove helmets during water breaks. In addition, players should pour water on their heads and/or apply cold, wet towels to their necks in addition to drinking plenty of water.
Heat Index 100° - 104°
- Play impact: Activity time will be reduced by 15 minutes.
- Precautions: Players should remove helmets during water breaks. In addition, players should pour water on their heads and/or apply cold, wet towels to their necks in addition to drinking plenty of water. In addition, players and their parents should be reminded that players need to consume addition water after the game.
Heat Index 105°+
- Play impact: Activities will be canceled until the heat index returns to 105° or below.
- Notification will be delivered through the rainout line (507) 457-8220 and by email.
507-457-8258 / email@example.com
Patrick Menton, Assistant Recreation Director
507-457-8258 / firstname.lastname@example.org