Park Rec Softball Update:
June 1, 2021
Trash left on benches and field:
Please remove everything that you, your team, and your spectators bring to the fields. We are seeing large amounts of garbage and aluminum cans left in the dugouts and park areas. In years past, people used to collect the cans but that no longer happens. Pack it in, pack it out.
Incident between spectator and City of Winona Employee
Managers, players, and spectators need to understand that the days of heckling umpires are gone. We are treating this type of behavior as verbal harassment of a City of Winona employee; anyone caught verbally harassing an employee will be banned from the league and trespassed from the ball fields which can include fields other than the Bambenek Field Complex.
I urge everyone to support the umpires, even if they disagree with a call or series of calls. Softball leagues across the state are experiencing a shortfall of umpires and one of the reasons is that umps are sick of dealing with the negativity that comes from mean spirited fans and players. To combat the shortage, leagues are forced to raise fees to add a financial incentive to attract and retain umpires. If you don’t want your league fees increased then you need to speak out against mean spirited people who are harassing the umps.
Adult Softball Leagues
- Manager's Packet
- COVID-19 Update: Beginning May 14, 2021, Masks are no longer required. Unvaccinated people should still wear a face covering. All capacity limits and distancing requirements for outdoor events are eliminated.
2021 League Offerings
Sunday: Co-Rec Divisions 1-4 (competitive and recreational options!)
Monday: Women's, Men's 35+
Tuesday: Men's Divisions 1-3 (competitive)
Wednesday: Men's Divisions 7-8 (recreational
Thursday: Men's Divisions 4-6 (intermediate)
Leagues begin Sunday, May 2. Teams play two self-officiated exhibition games, 10 regular officiated season games plus single-elimination playoff. League and playoff winners earn plaques. No games May 30-31, June 20, July 4.
Fees: Full payment must accompany registration. Final team registration deadline is April 10th
- February 3- March 13: Men's/Women's $475, Co-Rec $510
- Program registration, January 27 through April 1
- $60 late fee after deadline and only if spots are available
- Umpire meeting, Wednesday, April 21, 5:00-7:00 PM
- Games begin week of May 2-schedules posted one week before first game
- No games, May 30 & 31, June 20, July 4
- Rosters dropped off at Park Rec (do not give to umpires) Prior to start of 3rd game, 4:00 pm
- Final date to add to roster, 3rd Monday in June, 4:00 PM
- Balls will be picked up from the Park Rec Office when available.
- Scorebooks will be available at your first game.
- Rules and managers information will be distributed via email - no paper copies will be sent.
- COVID-19 measures will follow the most current state guidelines and be updated as changes occur. The City is required to follow the state guidelines and does not add, reduce, or modify the state guidelines in any form.
Registration forms available in-person or print and mail-in to:
Winona Park & Recreation, 207 Lafayette Street, Suite 105, Winona, MN 55987