CITY OF AZLE
All games will play as schedule.
Rules for Azle 2021 Modified Coed:
Coed teams may score up to eight (8) runs per inning. After the eighth run, teams change sides. 7th inning is unlimited runs per side. Scoring can be as normal play if both teams agree at the plate.
At-Bats: The batter begins each plate appearance with the count of one ball and one strike.
If a male batter walks before another male batter he is awarded 1st base only. If he walks in front of a female batter he is awarded 2nd base.
- Coed Line-up: A Modified Co-Ed team consists of 10 players, 6 men and 4 women, 5 men and 5 women will be allowed. Teams may play 6 men and 6 women. If mixed team has 5 females, they MUST play 5 females. If a team plays using the 6/4 format, a female must bat 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th . Men must bat 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 9th and 10th. If a team using the 6/4 format and a 5th female arrives during the game, the team MUST play 5/5. The 5th female will be inserted into the 9th batting position immediately and the male originally in that spot is now done for the game. A team CANNOT play 7/3 or 7/5. Teams may bat 5-5, 6-4, 6-5, or 6-6.
- A player’s back foot CAN NOT be in front of home plate until the pitch is released.
- Each team must provide their own softballs for each game. Only softballs with our private logo can be used for league play. Softballs are available at the concession stand. All Men's league balls must be .40 Core.
- Home run rule is 3 and 1 up single rule.- Once both teams hit 3 homeruns each, any team can hit 1 homerun that allows the other team the opportunity to hit 1. Any homeruns hit over by the same team will count as a single until the opposing team hits a homerun.
- Rosters: Rosters will be limited to 15 players. As of the beginning of the 2nd calendar week of the season AND regardless of the number of actual games played or not played, rosters are due to the umpires. Rosters must be filled out completely. Teams that do not turn in rosters will forfeit previous played games until the roster is submitted. Additions to the rosters will be allowed until the end of your 6th scheduled game. Rosters will be frozen at the conclusion of the 6th game. No additions will be allowed in the playoffs.
- We encourage pitchers to wear protective masks.
- Middle Rule will be in effect.
Church Coed Recreation (Monday Night): Open to co-ed church teams to bring friends and families together for a friendly and fun league. Ages 16 & up. Double headers will be scheduled each week.
Church Men Recreation (Tuesday Night): Open to men's church teams for a friendly and fun league. Ages 16 & up. Double headers will be scheduled each week.
Men's Mix D & E (Thursday Night): This is a great night for friends to put together a team. Ages 16 & up. Double headers will be scheduled each week.
Coed Mix D & E (Friday Night): This is a very exciting evening to play with friends and families. Ages 16 & up. Double headers will be scheduled each week.