The following rules are in place to allow physical distancing. If CDC or Restore Illinois guidelines allow for these rules to loosen up or be eliminated, that decision will be communicated to all team captains and will take effect immediately upon notification.
Before allowing participation, the umpire or supervisor will ask all players whether they are currently exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms. If a player does have symptoms, they must leave and should wait to return to play for a minimum of 10 days after symptom onset OR until feverless and feeling well (without fever-reducing medication) for at least 72 hours OR confirmed to not have COVID-19 via 1 negative COVID-19 test.
Games will be scheduled in staggered 75-minute time slots each week. Games will be given 60-minutes from the listed starting time to finish. It is imperative that teams are packing up and vacating the field immediately upon game completion to ensure a safe and seamless transition from one game to the next. This will allow for players leaving the ball field to get to their cars before the next arriving teams are travelling towards the ball field for their game.
In order to minimize close proximity, the following will be in place to avoid batters, catchers and umpires from having to wear a face covering:
- Umpire will position behind home plate to call balls and strikes, 6’ away from batter
- Catcher will be off to the side, at least 6’ away
- Umpire will return pitches back to the pitcher or toss ball to catcher to return to the pitcher
- Players may not sit closer than 6’ away from each other in the designated bench area
- The Park District will provide hand sanitizer for teams to use at games. These stations will be available by each dugout and will be hung up by the field supervisor
- It is recommended that each team brings at least one hand sanitizer bottle as a backup that is shared with the team
- It is recommended that hand sanitizer is used after coming in from the field or after taking an at bat (when it’s convenient to do so)
- Players should wear face coverings when not on the field of play
- Teams will not line up to shake hands after the game
- When the game is over, teams cannot socialize on the field or outside the field. Teams must disperse immediately
- Teams waiting for a game to end prior to their game starting, must do so while keeping a 6’ distance at all times
- Spectators must maintain 6’ physical distancing throughout the game and should wear face coverings
- Existing seating (bleachers) for spectators will be limited to 20% capacity with spectators wearing face coverings. Diagram of bleacher occupancy available for viewing/download at www.quickscores.com/gpd under the “Downloads” tab.
- Field supervisor will wear mask when engaging with players, umpire or others in close proximity
- NO ALCOHOL POLICY – The no alcohol policy will be strictly enforced. Teams are prohibited from congregating/drinking before, during or after games. Due to COVID-19, teams will be expected to arrive for game play and immediately disperse from the park following the completion of the game. FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THE NO ALCOHOL POLICY WILL RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF LEAGUE GAMES, PLAYOFF ELIGILIBILTY AND NO REFUND OF LEAGUE FEE.
|Regular Season Standings|
|2||Pitches be Crazy||6||2||1||1||38|
|4||Mean Ol' Dogs||4||4||1||2||39|
|6||We've Got The Runs||0||8||3||106|
|HTH = Head-To-HeadHTHDiff = Head-To-Head DifferentialRA = Runs Allowed|
Home team listed first
Away team listed second
Scoresheets are Processing!
- Show Week
Time Slot DistributionHow often does each team play on a particular time slot.
The time slots are represented by letters in the legend box below.
|Mean Ol' Dogs||2||3||3||8|
|Pitches be Crazy||3||2||3||8|
|We've Got The Runs||3||3||2||8|
|Time Slot Legend|
|A -||6:30 PM||Thursday||CPW #3|
|B -||7:45 PM||Thursday||CPW #3|
|C -||9:00 PM||Thursday||CPW #3|
Home-Away DistributionHow often is a team Home or Away.
|Mean Ol' Dogs||4||4|
|Pitches be Crazy||4||4|
|We've Got The Runs||4||4|
Opponent DistributionHow often does a team play against any other particular team.
|D||Mean Ol' Dogs||1||2||1||2||2|
|E||Pitches be Crazy||1||2||2||2||1|
|F||We've Got The Runs||2||1||2||2||1|
Games Per Week DistributionHow many games does a team have during a particular week.
|Mean Ol' Dogs||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|Pitches be Crazy||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1|
|We've Got The Runs||1||1||1||1||1||1||1||1|
Opponents Played Per Week DistributionDisplays which opponents a team played during a particular week.
A blue background indicates a team played the same opponent in consecutive weeks or twice in the same week.
|D||Mean Ol' Dogs||B||E||F||A||C||B||E||F|
|E||Pitches be Crazy||C||D||B||F||A||C||D||B|
|F||We've Got The Runs||A||C||D||E||B||A||C||D|