Preps Youth Football
A New Mexico 501 3(C)
1407 Park Ave
Alamogordo, NM 88310
WAIVER OF CLAIMS, LIABILITY RELEASE, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
It is the intent of the undersigned Participant and Participant's parents or legal guardians to release Preps Youth Football League, its members, and each of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, sponsors, and coaches (collectively “PYFL”) from any claims or liability to the fullest extent possible under the law. To that intent, the undersigned hereby agrees as follows:
1. I understand and acknowledge that the game of
football is a contact sport that presents the inherent risk of serious bodily injury. My waiver and renunciation of claims in this Agreement expressly apply to any bodily injury and physical, mental, and death and all other damages that may be suffered by the participant or others resulting from the participant's participation in the game of basketball in connection with the Tournament.
2. I, as a parent or legal guardian of the participant identified below who is participating in the Pyfl, hereby waive and renounce any claims against PYFL or any other person participating in the Tournament, League including without limitation any claims based on negligence, for any injury to the Participant or others, damages, sickness, accident, delay or expenses of any kind whatsoever resulting from the Participant's participation in the Tournament.
3. I understand and acknowledge that PYFL does not guarantee the security or safety of Tournament sites, of the areas adjacent to and surrounding Tournament sites, or any areas Participants may traverse on their way to or from Tournament or League sites. I release PYFL from any claims arising out of accidents or events caused by PYFL, a Participant or third parties not associated with the Tournament League, which incidents could occur on Tournament or League sites, in areas adjacent to or surrounding Tournament sites, or areas traversed by Participants traveling to Tournament or League sites. I further release PYFL from liability for any damage or injury that may occur as a result of the surface or condition of the Tournament or League site itself (e.g., Football Field) or the condition of facilities or equipment used at the site.
4. I recognize that the Participant must obey the instructions of coaches, their assistants, and any Tournament staff and I have instructed the Participant to obey said coaches and other Tournament or League staff.
5. I understand that should any medical services be provided or made available to the Participant in connection with his/her participation in the League or Tournament, the provision or availability of which Pyfl does not sponsor or guarantee, Pyfl does not warrant or make any representation concerning the adequacy or continuation of such medical services, nor can Pyfl be deemed responsible or held liable for any claims arising out of the provision of such medical services or the failure to provide or to continue to provide such medical services. I also will not hold Pyfl liable for any other services provided in connection with the Tournament, including without limitation any coaching, counseling, transportation, or security services.
6. This Waiver and Release is on behalf of myself, my spouse, and my child.
7. I indemnify and hold harmless PYFL from any claims made or liabilities assessed against it due to all Participants, Participants’ parents, and family.
8. If any portion of this Waiver and Release is declared invalid or unenforceable by a final judgment of any court of competent jurisdiction, I hereby agree that such determinations shall not affect the balance of this Agreement. Still, this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect, as such invalid portion shall be deemed severable.
9. My consideration for this Agreement is the allowance of the Participant’s participation in the Tournament.
*Preps Youth Football League