We value your support and commitment to helping us make all NMMadness events a safe & welcoming place for everyone. You can expect to be treated with respect in accordance with our core values of Integrity, Success, & Caring. As we strive to live out these guiding principles, we kindly ask everyone to adhere to the standards outlined below.
Players & Coaches Parents & Fans
- Honor the game and display sportsmanship by respecting the rules and officials, as well as my opponents, teammates, and self.
- Refrain from harassment or bullying of other players, coaches, or individuals in any manner.
- Refrain from use of profanity on the court or any other communal area.
- Refrain from physical violence at all times
- Use social media responsibly. Social media activity should never be used to incite, harass, or bully other players, coaches, officials or individuals, and should always reflect good sportsmanship.
- Refrain from possessing or using illicit drugs or alcohol, and to only use prescription medicine as directed by a physician.
- As a player, to strive to make myself, my teammates and the game better.
- As a coach, to strive to win while pursuing the more important goal of teaching valuable life lessons.
- Recognize that my role is to support my athlete as well as other participants and allow the players and coaches to focus on the results on the court.
- Emphasize the benefits and importance of skill development, learning valuable life lessons, and doing one’s best.
- Refrain from engaging in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any player, coach, official, parent, or spectator (e.g., booing, taunting, harassment, or use of profane or insulting language & gestures)
- Teach my child to treat other players, coaches, officials, parents, and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
- Promote the emotional and physical well-being of the athletes over any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
- Teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- Refrain from possessing or using illicit drugs or alcohol
Failure to abide by the code outlined above may result in removal from the tournament and any future NMMadness events.