If you cannot login, contact the LCSL Webmaster (email@example.com). Please include your full name, email, and the team number that you coach.
How Do I Cancel Games Due To Weather?
After the 8:00 AM (Saturday) or 4:00 PM (weekday) deadline only the referee can cancel a game. (Not the coaches)
If you choose to cancel before the deadline, the home team is responsible for notifying:
- The LCSL Referee Assigner
- Coaches for the visiting teams
- The LCSL Webmaster (so an announcement can be placed on the website)
Below are the Official LCSL Rules on this subject.
Q. FIELD UNPLAYABLE
1. The Referee is the sole judge at game time of whether a field is playable.
2. If a local organization does not want its fields used due to conditions it deems unplayable, it must so advise the League Manager BEFORE 8:00 a.m. on Saturdays, and BEFORE 4 p.m. on weekdays. To make sure that the League Manager receives this information, it is strongly recommended the LM be contacted by email and by phone to assure receipt of this information.
How Do I Contact An Opposing Coach?
Your local LCSL Representative has a copy of the commitment forms that lists the contact information (email and phone) for each team.
Although there is no tournament for the U7 Division, Coaches are still required to report their scores. These scores are used to assign teams to A or B divisions so that teams will be more evenly matched and games will be more competitive.
How Do I Join A Team?
If you want to play soccer in the LCSL, you must register with your local community. For more information, check the Contacts Page to find the representative from your community.
I Registered. How Do I Find Out What Team I'm On?
Team assignments are handled by each local community. For more information, check the Contacts Page to find the representative from your community.
Can I Bring My Dog To The Game?
With the kids running and yelling and balls flying through the air, it’s really tempting for a dog to go join in the action.
Rule N – 7.
7. NO ANIMALS are permitted on or near the field.
Is There A Mercy Rule?
LCSL Games should be played in their entirety and are not ended early simply because one team is ahead by a certain number of goals.
- When a team has a 5 goal lead, the winning team must remove a player or the losing team may add a player. The coaches should discuss and agree prior to the game whether to add or remove based on roster sizes. Full sided games (11 v 11) should remove (not add) players.
- If the losing team scores a goal to bring the lead down to 4, the removed player may be replaced (or the added player must be removed).
- When a team has a 7 goal lead, the winning team must remove a 2nd player or the losing team may add a 2nd player.
- If the losing team scores a goal to bring the lead down to 6, the 2nd removed player may be replaced (or 2nd added player must be removed).
Please use common sense here. Add players to the losing team whenever possible, especially at the younger ages. This rule is not intended to have U7 or U8 players playing 4v2 at the end of games!
If your team is winning easily, you can always pull a player and play shorthanded. Other strategies would be to instruct your players to only play with their weaker (left or right) foot, or to instruct them to use only 2 touches on the ball (no dribbling).
In the LCSL, Coed means the team may have boys or girls or both. There is no minimum number of girls that must be on the roster or on the field. Some communities will roster coed teams that are all boys and this is well within the LCSL rules. Other teams that don't have enough girls to form separate teams may have a mix of boys and girls on their coed teams.
The Referee Didn't Show Up. What Should We Do?
Find someone to referee the game. Both coaches should agree. If the coaches can’t agree, use one volunteer for the 1st half and a different volunteer for the 2nd half.
From the LCSL Rules , L) 5.
Should a referee not arrive and more than 15 minutes have passed since scheduled game time, the opposing coaches shall appoint a mutually agreeable person to referee that match and play counting it as an Official Game. The coaches should also notify the Vice President of the Referee’s failure to be there.
It's Cold / Raining. Can I Wear A Coat?
You may wear a sweatshirt and / or sweatpants under the uniform. Hoods should be tucked in OR tied tight. Loose hoods can be accidentally yanked, this is very dangerous so loose hoods are not allowed.
From the LCSL Rules , J) 4.
In the event of extreme weather; players may wear sweats UNDER their uniform. The sweats should be the same color as the uniform, or similar so as not to confuse the referee or other players. Hooded sweatshirts are not permitted. Headbands and hats in inclement weather are up to the discretion of the referee.
- the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
- the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
- the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an infringement
- touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.) counts as an infringement