GAA Spring 2020 BASEBALL
4U T-BALL (non-competitive)
6U Modified T-BALL
8U BASEBALL COACH PITCH
10U BASEBALL KID PITCH
- Tryouts will be held the week of 2/17
- Practices will start as soon as the following week Practice schedules are dependent on the coach
- Season will start the week of 3/17
- Games will be played on Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri and Sat
Your registration fee covers the team jersey, team hat, field rentals, insurance, major equipment, batting cage access, baseball and softballs for games, etc.
Other equipment (gloves, cleats, bat and helmet) are the responsibility of the parent, and should be available for tryouts.
Additional uniform parts such as pants, belts, and socks will be also be responsibility of the parents. It is highly recommended that you wait until your child is assigned to a team to purchase these items so that you will know what colors to purchase.
The "Age Determination Date" for our baseball divisions is 04/30/2020.
What that means to you as a parent: When you register your child, their age as of the above date will determine which age group they play in. Our divisions are all set up in an "and Under" format (i.e. 10U is 10 and under). Note this is as of NEXT April.
BAT REQUIREMENTS for GAA
For Baseball (all levels), we will allow barrel sizes up to 2 3/4, it must have a "BPF 1.15" marking on the barrel or a USA stamp. At 12U and 14U, some kids might be using bats that have BBCOR (instead of the 1.15) on the barrel. Those are acceptable as well.
We made a rule change at our last meeting that would allow some players to play "up" one age level.
Please click on the rules link above, or here to see the requirements.
*** Tryout Info ***
All kids make a team. Tryouts are a come and go format, meaning you don't have to be at the park the full stated times. Those times are when we are there for tryouts.
- The tryout itself consists of the kids getting the opportunity to hit multiple pitches, run to first, catch grounders and fly balls (usually at the shortstop position) and make the throws over to first base.
- Kids will need their glove, helmet and bat. If they are short any / all of the previous, in most cases they can borrow from someone else there.
- The tryout itself doesn't take all that long, but depending on the number who show up at a similar time, waiting for your opportunity can take a while. Please be patient with us.
- 04U is the only division that does not tryout. All other players must tryout (including manager's kids) in order to be drafted by any manager. If a player does not tryout, they will be placed onto a team. (This is referred to as "going into the hat")
- If you have already registered AND PAID, you will proceed directly to your tryout field to check-in and receive your ID sticker. All registration / payments will be made at the central tables, located at the concession stand at the Moore St fields.
6u modified T ball could easily be called modified coach pitch. The batter gets 4 pitches from a coach pitcher. If they fail to hit one of those in play, they get one swing off the tee.
- Registration Costs (note, this is for when you register, not when you pay. You can register now and pay at tryouts and still receive any discount. All payment must be made by tryout dates)
NOTE on Tryouts and Drafts: All kids make a team. The tryouts are a way for all coaches to see all the kids to ensure that when teams are drafted, they can be as fair as possible. Also, the 04U division DOES NOT try out. At the draft, the 04U division is the only one where Team / Manager requests are honored. In all other divisions, requests for ride share / play with / play for are not guaranteed unless the individuals live in the same household.
To Reserve a field for practice at City Park or Moore St.
contact Maggie Wylie 817-894-1926