GRANBURY ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
BASEBALL/SOFTBALL CODE OF CONDUCT
The purpose of this organization shall be to instill in the youth of this association the ideals of good sportsmanship, honesty, loyalty, courage and reverence through instruction in the game of baseball.
This objective shall be reached by providing supervised competition, bearing in mind that attainment of exceptional skills and/or winning of games shall be secondary. The molding of good, clean healthy future citizens is of prime importance.
COACHES CODE OF CONDUCT:
- Coaches are expected to instruct the teams in baseball techniques, teamwork and sportsmanship. NEITHER COACHES NOR PLAYERS WILL BE ALLOWED TO MAKE COMMENTS ABOUT OR TO THE OFFICIALS. If a coach has a question about a rule interpretation, a time out shall be called for this discussion.
- Coaches will be responsible for the behavior of the team's fans as well as the actions of their players and assistant coaches.
- The Home Team Coach will supply a score-keeper and the Visitor Team Coach will supply a scoreboard worker (NO CHILDREN PLEASE).
- Coaches will exchange lineups at least 5 minutes prior to the start of the game to facilitate entering of information into the score-books.
- Both Teams Coaches in 10U, 12U and 14U will be responsible for identifying someone outside of the dugout to maintain the pitch count for each team. (compare each inning)
- The aim of the league is to promote youth athletics and sportsmanship.
- There will be no toleration for the use of profanity by any coach or player for any reason.
- There will be no taunting of opponents by either coaches or players. This includes chants directly to opposing pitchers and or batters.
- Coaches shall conduct all practice sessions within the following limits:
- No more than 3 practices per week at the designated practice areas (assigned fields or reserved city facilities).
- A minimum of 1 practice per week should be conducted (weather permitted).
- A coach who habitually misses, or fails to conduct (as determined by the GAA Executive Board) sufficient practice sessions, or attend scheduled games will be subject to dismissal.
- Coaches may contact their players immediately following the draft and begin team practices on the first practice day designated by GAA.
- If any coach or assistant coach is guilty of misconduct on the baseball diamond he/she shall receive disciplinary action and/or removal may be enforced by the Executive Board. A special meeting of the Executive Board shall be called and a quorum vote of the board will decide any action taken regarding discipline of coaches and/or assistant coaches. The coaches and/or assistant coaches may be present if he/she chooses.
- Any coach failing to fulfill his duties may be brought before the Executive Board in a special called meeting and voted upon for removal. Removal shall be effected by a quorum vote of the board.
- Every player must participate in every game when present, unless prior authorization to the contrary is granted by the Division Commissioner. Coaches must present a list of the name and number to the scorekeeper, prior to the game, who will not play and the reason. The degree of participation will be at the discretion of the coaches. The penalty for violation is forfeiture of the game.
- Coaches will be allowed on the field during 4U and 6U games only. All other division coaches must remain in the designated areas.
- If a coach has a problem with a particular player that cannot be resolved, he/she may go before the Executive Board for resolution.
- Coaches shall use standards to teach every player the GAME first, competition second.
- Coaches shall not come to practices or games intoxicated or when liquor has been consumed in any amount.
- Coaches shall inform players and parents of schedule, cancellations, postponements, re-schedules, etc.
- Coaches shall not embarrass or humiliate players at any time, including your own children.
- Coaches shall strive to allow each player maximum playing time.
- Coaches shall exhibit fairness towards all players on the team.
PARENT/GUARDIAN AND PLAYERS CODE OF CONDUCT:
- All parents shall be encouraged to give verbal support to their team. No degrading remarks to or about an official, a coach or a player will be allowed.
- Any player who conducts himself/herself in an unsportsmanlike manner can be expelled from the association at the discretion of the Executive Board.
- Players will conduct themselves at all times in a sportsman-like manner. Any outburst of temper could result in suspension of the rest of the game. This will be at the discretion of the umpire or the Commissioner and will be noted in the score-book that that player has been suspended. Any flagrant display of unsportsmanlike conduct will be cause for indefinite suspension and the player must appear before the Executive Board with his/her parents for reinstatement.
- There will be no toleration for the use of profanity by any coach, player or parents for any reason.
- Children are to be brought and picked up on time for practices. Please be considerate to your coach and don't have him/her waiting on you.