February 7, 2017 - District Meeting Notes and Follow-up
Hello fellow District 10 Members,
In case you missed the meeting, there are a few things to note and for each of you to follow-up on:
1. Send your ASAP Safety Plan into Little league International. I have sent you all a copy (in Powerpoint) of the River Forest ASAP Plan for 2016 for your use in 2017. You all can use the same form, just go in and edit it/change the names, the town....etc. Also complete your Field Survey. You must also read and complete the 2017 Qualified Safety Program Registration Form which is on the LittleLeague.org website under the Forms and Publications Link. Here is the link to the form: http://www.littleleague.org/Assets/forms_pubs/asap/registration-form-enabled.pdf. This must get mailed into the address at the bottom of the first page which is:
ASAP Award Program
Little League International
PO Box 3485
Williamsport, PA 17701
2. Get your Charters done asap ! Because of problems with the on-line Little League Data Center, these must be done manually this year and mailed in. The forms were mailed to all League Presidents of record. So, if you did not receive your Little League Resource Guide for 2017, check with your League President from last year. If you can not locate, please contact Williamsport
Please remember all of the forms you will ever need are available here: http://www.littleleague.org/learn/forms.htm
3. Get your background checks of all Coaches, League Officials....etc done !
4. If you are going to combine with another town to form a league/tournament teams or want to submit any other waivers, PLEASE get your request in ASAP! You are responsible to send those in, not Joe or I! (Those forms are available on the Little League Website (Littleleague.org) and click on the "Forms and Publications" link.)
5. Also when submitting your paperwork, please send in your Constitution and By-Laws and copy Joe & I. This is a requirement of all towns in 2017! By Little League rule these must be updated at a minimum every 3 years.
6. Please note if you are NOT participating in the Little League Tournament you still have to advise Little league by filling out the form and sending it in.
If you are interested in Inter-league Play, you must attend their next Meeting on Tuesday, March 14, immediately following the regularly scheduled District 10 Meeting which starts at 7pm at Melrose Park Village Hall. Melrose Park has been kind enough to organize this again this year, so please get there! If you have any questions regarding this, please contact Jessie at: 708-262-3702.
Another reminder, the next District 10 Meeting is March 14, 2017 at 7pm at Melrose Park Village Hall.