A Note on practice limitations
- A team practice or function is defined as any activity where 3 or more players from the same team and a manager or coach from that team are involved.
- All team players and parents must be invited to all official team functions.
In the event of inclement weather, use common sense and consider the age of the participants.
- There will be no more than 1 practice session per day unless interrupted by inclement weather. If so, total practice time shall not exceed the limits below.
- Wednesday practices must end by 6 p.m. Sunday practice is not allowed.
- Ozone is restricted to 2 hours per practice. Although there are no limitations on frequency of outings for Ozone teams, discretion and common sense is strongly suggested.
- Minor A is restricted to 2 hours per practice. Although there are no limitations on frequency of outings for Minor A teams, discretion and common sense is strongly suggested.
- Minor B is restricted to 2 hours per practice. Minor B teams are limited to 4 practices, meetings and/or games/week.
- 5/6-year-old T-Ball is restricted to 90 minutes per practice although 1 hour is recommended.5/6-year-old T-Ball teams are limited to 3 practices, meetings and/or games/week.
- 4-year-old T-Ball is restricted to 1 hour per practice.4-year-old T-Ball teams are limited to 2 practices, meetings and/or games/week.
MAJOR BAT CHANGE RULE EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2018
Effective January 1, 2018, all 2 5/8” bats and 2 1/4” bats must meet new performance standards established by USA Baseball, the national governing body of amateur baseball in the United States. The new bats became available for purchase on September 1, 2017. NOTE: Travel ball will also allow the use of the new USA Baseball bats in their programs. A complete listing of approved bats is available at usabat.com.
ALL BATS WITH THE BPF 1.15 STAMP WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR DYB PLAY IN 2018 AND THEREAFTER. PARENTS SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER THIS RULE BEFORE PURCHASING NEW BATS FOR THEIR PLAYERS FOR THE 2018 SEASON.
Dixie Youth Baseball will use the May 1 age cutoff for all players in all divisions in 2018 season.